Notre Dame 79
(18-4, 4-2 away)
(10-11, 6-8 home)
Venue: Allstate Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Cooley 26
||J Cooley 16
||J Grant 5
||B Young 15
||C Melvin 10
||B Young 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, DePaul took on Notre Dame and was beaten at home by the Fighting Irish 79-71 in overtime. Donnavan Kirk put up 11 points and seven rebounds for the Blue Demons. Cleveland Melvin played his way to a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Jack Cooley recorded a double-double for the Fighting Irish with a season-high 26 points and 16 rebounds. DePaul (10-11, 1-7 Big East) gets Villanova (13-8, 4-4 Big East) at home on Tuesday, February 5th.
DePaul Game Notes
- The last time DePaul started the season 10-11 was 2000.
- DePaul has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Blue Demons have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 1-9.
- The Blue Demons have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, DePaul has lost 33 close games.
- The Blue Demons have lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0% or worse.
- DePaul has lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after recording 71 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, DePaul has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, DePaul has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, DePaul has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- DePaul set a season low for steals.
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--DePaul has a 3.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Cleveland Melvin and Donnavan Kirk) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 21 games this season.
- Donnavan Kirk had a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
- Brandon Young has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 13th of his career.
- Charles McKinney had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- The Fighting Irish won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Notre Dame has lost 18 close games.
- Jack Cooley recorded a team season high in points with 26.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 38.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 19 times in 22 games this season.
- Eric Atkins set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Jerian Grant has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Jack Cooley's career.
- Jack Cooley has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- Jack Cooley recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 27th of his career.
- Jack Cooley set a career high with 12 defensive rebounds.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||11||0||1||0||0||2||1|