West Virginia 77
(10-11, 3-8 away)
Texas Tech 61
(9-10, 8-7 home)
Venue: United Spirit Arena
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, February 02, 2013
||E Harris 18
||K Noreen 4
||J Staten 2
||T Nurse 14
||J Crockett 5
||J Gray 5
On an afternoon when they scored 30 points from beyond the three-point line, West Virginia smoked Texas Tech 77-61 in Big 12 play. West Virginia had a small 34-31 lead at halftime, but then put Texas Tech away with a big second half. The Mountaineers got the win with a game-high 18 points and four rebounds from Eron Harris. Terry Henderson had nine points and added two rebounds. For the Red Raiders, Dejan Kravic got eight points and five rebounds. West Virginia (10-11, 3-5 Big 12) takes on Texas (10-10, 2-5 Big 12) on Monday, February 4th at home.
West Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:24 left to go.
- WVU beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Mountaineers have beaten the spread.
- The Mountaineers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- This season West Virginia has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Aaric Murray has 12 points or more.
- The Mountaineers set season highs for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- The last time WVU had a three-point percentage of 55.6% or higher was Feb 06, 2010 against St. John's.
- WVU set a season low for rebounds.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Gary Browne had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage, 3 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Aaric Murray has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- Texas Tech lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Ty Nurse and Jaye Crockett) accounted for 44.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dejan Kravic and Jaye Crockett) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (4).
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Jordan Tolbert has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|D||J. Williams, Jr.||18||0||1||2||0||0||2|