On Saturday, February 2nd, Texas Tech allowed 30 points from three-point territory to West Virginia and was punished by the Mountaineers 77-61 in conference play. Texas Tech kept the game close at half, down 34-31, but then West Virginia was able to break it wide open in the second half. The Red Raiders got eight points and five rebounds from Dejan Kravic. Jaye Crockett had 13 points and added five rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Eron Harris got a game-high 18 points and four rebounds. Texas Tech (9-10, 2-6 Big 12) takes on 18th-ranked Kansas State (16-4, 5-2 Big 12) on Tuesday, February 5th at home.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:24 left to go.
- The last time TTU started the season 9-10 was 1999.
- Texas Tech has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Texas Tech has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Texas Tech has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Texas Tech has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Red Raiders set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time TTU recorded at least 22 turnovers was Feb 07, 2012 against Kansas State.
- TTU set a season low for rebounds.
- The Red Raiders have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 7 games.
- Texas Tech has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--TTU has a 0.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ty Nurse and Jaye Crockett) accounted for 44.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dejan Kravic and Jaye Crockett) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (4).
- Dejan Kravic has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Jordan Tolbert has 4 straight double-digit point games.
West Virginia Game Notes
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Gary Browne set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage, 3 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Aaric Murray has 3 straight double-digit point games.