(18) Kansas State 52
(17-4, 4-3 away)
(14-6, 10-2 home)
Venue: Lloyd Noble Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||W Spradling 12
||R McGruder 9
||S Southwell 4
||R Osby 13
||R Osby 7
||B Hield 2
On Saturday, February 2nd, No. 18 Kansas State took on Oklahoma and got a slim victory over the Sooners 52-50 in conference action. The Wildcats go to 2-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Wildcats got the win with eight points and three rebounds from Jordan Henriquez. Will Spradling had 12 points and added three rebounds. For the Sooners, Romero Osby got a game-high 13 points and seven rebounds. The Wildcats are on a five-game win streak. Kansas State (16-4, 5-2 Big 12) heads to Texas Tech (9-10, 2-6 Big 12) on Tuesday, February 5th.
Kansas State Game Notes
- The last time K-State started the season 17-4 was 2009.
- K-State beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Kansas State has won 26 close games.
- Kansas State has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- K-State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- K-State has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Kansas State has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Will Spradling has 12 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Angel Rodriguez plays 31 minutes or more.
- K-State set a season low for total points.
- The top two scorers (Will Spradling and Martavious Irving) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- Will Spradling has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 21 games this season.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Sooners have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Oklahoma has lost 14 close games.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Romero Osby has 8 straight double-digit point games.