On Saturday, February 2nd, Oklahoma suffered a heartbreaking loss against No. 18 Kansas State 52-50 in conference play. The Sooners remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. The Sooners were paced by Romero Osby, who put up a game-high 13 points and seven rebounds. Andrew Fitzgerald had four points and added six rebounds. Jordan Henriquez finished with eight points and three rebounds for the Wildcats. The next game will be on Monday, February 4th when Oklahoma (14-6, 5-3 Big 12) travels to Iowa State (15-6, 5-3 Big 12).
Oklahoma Game Notes
- The Sooners have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Oklahoma has lost 14 close games.
- Prior to this game, OU played 43 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 10-33.
- Oklahoma has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 8 or fewer assists.
- The Sooners have lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 38.8% or worse.
- OU set a season low for blocks.
- Oklahoma has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--OU has a 12.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Romero Osby has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Kansas State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Will Spradling and Martavious Irving) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- Will Spradling has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 21 games this season.