Baylor was tripped up by Iowa State 79-71 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. Pierre Jackson picked up his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Bears, scoring a team-high 23 points in 35 minutes. Pierre Jackson got a team-high 23 points in 35 minutes in a losing effort. Cory Jefferson had eight points and added eight rebounds. Will Clyburn got a double-double for the Cyclones on a game-high 28 points and 10 rebounds. Baylor (14-7, 5-3 Big 12) gets Oklahoma State (15-5, 5-3 Big 12) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
Baylor Game Notes
- Baylor started 14-7 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Baylor has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 1 or fewer blocks.
- The Bears have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Baylor has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Pierre Jackson accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson) accounted for 51.4% of the rebounds.
- Pierre Jackson has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Isaiah Austin has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Isaiah Austin recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Will Clyburn accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Clyburn and Melvin Ejim) accounted for 46.1% of the rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 5 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Will Clyburn's career.
- Will Clyburn has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Clyburn recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 14th of his career.
- Georges Niang has 3 straight double-digit point games.