(11) Ohio State 63
(17-4, 4-3 away)
(11-12, 9-6 home)
Venue: Bob Devaney Sports Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||L Smith Jr. 21
||A Williams 8
||A Craft 6
||D Rivers 13
||B Ubel 8
||B Ubel 3
Nebraska lost on their home court to No. 11 Ohio State 63-56 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. With the loss, the Cornhuskers stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-6 for the season. Andre Almeida put up four points and eight rebounds in a losing effort. David Rivers scored 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Buckeyes, Aaron Craft got 14 points and six rebounds. Nebraska (11-12, 2-8 Big Ten) gets Penn State (8-13, 0-9 Big Ten) on their home court on Saturday, February 9th.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- Nebraska started 11-12 during the 2011, 2004, 2001, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Nebraska beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Cornhuskers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Nebraska played 38 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-30.
- The Cornhuskers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 37.1% or worse.
- Nebraska has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 4 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Nebraska has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 63 or more total points this season, Nebraska has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Nebraska has a -0.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (David Rivers and Dylan Talley) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Andre Almeida and Brandon Ubel) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Andre Almeida has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Ray Gallegos has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Ohio State Game Notes
- Ohio State won, but did not cover the spread.
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Amir Williams and Aaron Craft) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Amir Williams has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Deshaun Thomas has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Lenzelle Smith Jr.'s career.
- Lenzelle Smith Jr. set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
|B||L. Smith Jr.||30||21||1||0||0||0||2|