(1) Michigan 73
(20-2, 4-2 away)
(3) Indiana 81
(20-2, 14-2 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IN)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||T Burke 25
||M McGary 7
||T Burke 8
||C Zeller 19
||C Watford 10
||K Ferrell 5
No. 3 Indiana pulled off an upset over No. 1 Michigan 81-73 in Big Ten play on Saturday, Feb. 2. The Hoosiers stay undefeated 4-0 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Cody Zeller got a team-high 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Hoosiers, earning a double-double. Christian Watford got a double-double as well with 14 points and 10 rebounds. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke finished with a game-high 25 points and eight assists. The Hoosiers are on a five-game win streak. Indiana (20-2, 8-1 Big Ten) travels to Illinois (15-7, 2-6 Big Ten) on Thursday, Feb. 7.
Indiana Game Notes
- The win over Michigan extended the Indiana winning streak to five games.
- IU beat the spread by three points. That makes the 8th time this season the Hoosiers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, IU played 43 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 11-32.
- Indiana has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.0 percent or better.
- The Hoosiers have won every game this season (7-0) after recording five or more blocks.
- Indiana has won every game this season (6-0) after committing 16 or fewer turnovers.
- IU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- IU has won every game this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 30.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Indiana has won 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Christian Watford has 14 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Jordan Hulls plays 30 minutes or more, and 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Victor Oladipo has six field goals made or more.
- The Hoosiers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--IU has a 27.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Christian Watford) accounted for 52.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 11 times in 22 games this season.
- Cody Zeller recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cody Zeller recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 12th of his career.
- Victor Oladipo has four straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Watford recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Christian Watford has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Watford recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and 15th of his career.
- Jordan Hulls has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Ferrell has four straight double-digit point games.
Michigan Game Notes
- Trey Burke recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 24 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Trey Burke accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mitch McGary and Trey Burke) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding seven times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Trey Burke's career.
- Trey Burke has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke set a career high with four three-pointers.
- Nik Stauskas has five straight double-digit point games.
|B-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||18||1||0||0||0||2|
|C||G. Robinson III||40||2||4||1||0||0||1|