Northern Kentucky 70
(8-11, 5-7 away)
USC Upstate 65
(13-11, 8-3 home)
Venue: G.B. Hodge Center
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||E Jones 18
||C Jackson 6
||E Faulkner 5
||R Glenn 14
||J Maxey 8
||T Greene 3
On Saturday, Feb. 2, USC Upstate took on Northern Kentucky and lost on their home court to the Norse 70-65 in conference play. The Spartans even the season series against Northern Kentucky at 1-1 with the loss. Jodd Maxey put up 13 points and eight rebounds in a losing effort. Torrey Craig also put in a solid contribution, scoring 13 points and adding four rebounds. For the Norse, Chad Jackson got 17 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 7 when USC Upstate (13-11, 7-4 Atlantic Sun) heads to Stetson (9-13, 6-5 Atlantic Sun).
USC Upstate Game Notes
- The Spartans have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, USC Upstate is 20-26 in close games.
- USC Upstate has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- USC Upstate has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, USC Upstate has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- USC Upstate has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Ricardo Glenn and Torrey Craig) accounted for 41.5 percent of the points.
- Jodd Maxey accounted for 34.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ricardo Glenn has led the team in scoring in three out of 24 games this season.
- Jodd Maxey has led the team in rebounding in four out of 24 games this season.
- Torrey Craig has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Jodd Maxey has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Ricardo Glenn.
Northern Kentucky Game Notes
- The Norse won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Kentucky is 3-4 in close games.
- Chad Jackson recorded a team season high in free throws made with seven and free throws attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Eshaunte Jones and Chad Jackson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Jackson and Tyler White) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (11) than the starters (nine).
- Eshaunte Jones has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Chad Jackson has led the team in rebounding five times in 19 games this season.
- Eshaunte Jones has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chad Jackson has four straight double-digit point games.