(9-13, 4-9 away)
North Florida 64
(9-15, 6-4 home)
Venue: UNF Arena
4:30PM ET / 1:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||W Green 17
||W Green 11
||J Naburgs 4
||T Wallace 18
||D Jeune 7
||W Wilson 5
Stetson was clipped by North Florida 64-59 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. It looked like this would be a win for Stetson, as they led 35-23 at the half. However, North Florida came out of the locker with a purpose and fought back to get the victory. With the loss, the Hatters stay winless against North Florida this season at 0-2. Willie Green earned a double-double for the Hatters including a season-high 17 points and 11 rebounds. Aaron Graham had eight points and added eight rebounds. Parker Smith finished with 17 points and six rebounds for the Ospreys. Stetson (9-13, 6-5 Atlantic Sun) welcomes USC Upstate (13-11, 7-4 Atlantic Sun) on Thursday, February 7th.
Stetson Game Notes
- The last time Stetson started the season 9-13 was 2001.
- The Hatters have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Stetson has lost 25 close games.
- Stetson has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Hatters have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2% or worse.
- Stetson has lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Stetson has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Stetson has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Stetson has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Stetson set season lows for assists and steals.
- The Hatters have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Hatters opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Willie Green recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 8.
- The top two scorers (Willie Green and Chris Perez) accounted for 52.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Green and Aaron Graham) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Willie Green has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- Chris Perez has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Willie Green recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Willie Green recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Willie Green had career highs with 17 points, 7 field goals made, 11 rebounds, and 8 offensive rebounds.
- Adam Pegg has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Liam McInerney.
North Florida Game Notes
- Parker Smith recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (Travis Wallace and Parker Smith) accounted for 54.6% of the points.
- Travis Wallace has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 8 times in 24 games this season.
- Parker Smith has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Parker Smith set a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Travis Wallace has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Andy Diaz.