On Saturday, February 2nd, Florida Gulf Coast won a nail-biter over Jacksonville 81-78 in conference play. The Eagles remain unbeaten against Jacksonville this season at 2-0. The Eagles were led by Sherwood Brown, who put up 20 points plus nine rebounds. Brett Comer had a season-high 21 points and added five rebounds. Kordario Fleming got seven points and 10 rebounds for the Dolphins. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Florida Gulf Coast (16-8, 8-3 Atlantic Sun) welcomes East Tennessee State (7-17, 5-6 Atlantic Sun).
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- The win over Jacksonville extended the Florida Gulf Coast winning streak to 4 games.
- The Eagles have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida Gulf Coast has won 29 close games.
- The Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Florida Gulf Coast has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- FGCU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- FGCU has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Florida Gulf Coast has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Sherwood Brown has 20 points or more, 100% of the time (6-0) when Brett Comer has 5 rebounds or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Eric McKnight has 3 blocks or more.
- The Eagles set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time FGCU recorded at least 29 free throws made was Dec 29, 2011 against Maine.
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Brett Comer and Sherwood Brown) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sherwood Brown and Chase Fieler) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Sherwood Brown's career.
- Sherwood Brown has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Brett Comer's career.
- Brett Comer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Jacksonville Game Notes
- The Dolphins have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Jacksonville has lost 24 close games.
- The top two rebounders (Kordario Fleming and Glenn Powell) accounted for 51.4% of the rebounds.
- Jarvis Haywood has led the team in scoring 4 times in 24 games this season.
- Kordario Fleming has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 24 games this season.
- Kordario Fleming recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Evin Graham.
- Keith McDougald has 8 straight double-digit point games.