Florida Gulf Coast 81
(16-8, 5-7 away)
(12-12, 9-2 home)
Venue: Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
3:15PM ET / 12:15PM PT, February 02, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
|Florida Gulf Coast
||B Comer 21
||S Brown 9
||B Comer 5
||J Haywood 16
||K Fleming 10
||K Fleming 4
Jacksonville lost by a slim margin to Florida Gulf Coast 81-78 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. With the loss, the Dolphins remain winless against Florida Gulf Coast this season at 0-2. The Dolphins got seven points and 10 rebounds from Kordario Fleming. Glenn Powell also had a strong outing, scoring 10 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Eagles, Sherwood Brown finished with 20 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Jacksonville (12-12, 7-4 Atlantic Sun) is Mercer (14-9, 7-3 Atlantic Sun) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
Jacksonville Game Notes
- Jacksonville started 12-12 during the 2003 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Dolphins have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Jacksonville has lost 24 close games.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Jacksonville has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.1% or better this season, Jacksonville has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Jacksonville has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--JU has a 4.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Kordario Fleming and Glenn Powell) accounted for 51.4% of the rebounds.
- Jarvis Haywood has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 24 games this season.
- Kordario Fleming has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 24 games this season.
- Kordario Fleming recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Evin Graham.
- Keith McDougald has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brett Comer and Sherwood Brown) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sherwood Brown and Chase Fieler) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Sherwood Brown has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Sherwood Brown's career.
- Sherwood Brown has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Bernard Thompson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Brett Comer's career.
- Brett Comer has 3 straight double-digit point games.