(14) Miami 79
(17-3, 8-1 away)
(19) NC State 78
(16-6, 12-2 home)
Venue: PNC Arena
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Scott 18
||R Johnson 8
||S Larkin 5
||C Leslie 18
||C Leslie 12
||T Lewis 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, No. 14 Miami (FL) got by No. 19 NC State 79-78 in ACC play. With the win, the Hurricanes improve their record to 3-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Hurricanes got the win with 13 points and five assists (5 Stl 3 Reb) from Shane Larkin. Reggie Johnson also had a solid game, scoring 15 points and adding eight rebounds. C.J. Leslie got a double-double for the Wolfpack on a team-high 18 points and 12 rebounds. Miami (FL) (16-3, 8-0 ACC) gets Boston College (10-11, 2-6 ACC) at home on Tuesday, February 5th.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The win over NC State extended the Miami (FL) winning streak to 9 games.
- The Hurricanes have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Miami (FL) has won 23 close games.
- Prior to this game, Miami (FL) played 29 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-21.
- Miami (FL) has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2% or better.
- The Hurricanes have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- Miami (FL) has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 8 or fewer turnovers.
- Miami (FL) has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 31 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Miami (FL) has won 77% of the time (10-3) when Kenny Kadji has 13 points or more, 92% of the time (11-1) when Shane Larkin has 5 field goals made or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Reggie Johnson has 8 rebounds or more.
- This is the 6th win of the season where the Hurricanes came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Durand Scott and Julian Gamble) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Johnson and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Durand Scott has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 20 games this season.
- Reggie Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Kenny Kadji has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Gamble had a career high with 16 points.
NC State Game Notes
- The Wolfpack have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, NC State has lost 23 close games.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Leslie and Tyler Lewis) accounted for 43.5% of the points.
- C.J. Leslie accounted for 38.7% of the team's rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- C.J. Leslie recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Leslie has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 18th of his career.
- Richard Howell has 5 straight double-digit point games.