(14-7, 4-5 away)
Saint Joseph's 70
(13-7, 8-4 home)
Venue: Hagan Arena
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||K Wyatt 34
||A Lee 10
||W Cummings 3
||R Roberts Jr. 18
||R Roberts Jr. 12
||H Kanacevic 8
St. Joseph's (PA) squared off with Temple on Saturday, February 2nd and just barely beat the Owls 70-69 in A-10 action. Ronald Roberts Jr. got a team-high 18 points and 12 rebounds for the Hawks, earning a double-double. Halil Kanacevic also had an excellent game, scoring 12 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Owls, Khalif Wyatt got a career-high 34 points, including 7-of-14 shooting from three-point range. St. Joseph's (PA) (13-7, 4-3 A-10) gets Dayton (12-9, 2-5 A-10) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- The last time StJoe started the season 13-7 was 2001.
- The win over Temple extended the St. Joseph's (PA) winning streak to 3 games.
- The Hawks have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) has won 24 close games.
- The Hawks have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 70 or more total points.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.4% or better.
- StJoe has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.5% field goal percentage.
- StJoe has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when opponents record 12 or fewer assists.
- This season St. Joseph's (PA) has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Carl Jones has 16 points or more, 79% of the time (11-3) when Langston Galloway plays 34 minutes or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Halil Kanacevic has 4 field goals made or more.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Hawks came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--StJoe has a 6.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ronald Roberts Jr. and Carl Jones) accounted for 48.5% of the points.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Carl Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 14th of his career.
- Halil Kanacevic has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Temple Game Notes
- The Owls have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Temple has lost 19 close games.
- Khalif Wyatt recorded a team season high in points with 34, field goals made with 11, three-pointers with 7, field goals attempted with 24, and three pointers attempted with 14.
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 49.2% of the team's points.
- Anthony Lee accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Anthony Lee has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Khalif Wyatt set career highs with 34 points, 11 field goals made, and 7 three-pointers.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Will Cummings.
- Will Cummings set a career high with 11 points.
- Anthony Lee recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|A+||R. Roberts Jr.||33||18||12||2||1||3||3|