(14-7, 4-5 away)
Saint Joseph's 70
(13-7, 8-4 home)
Venue: Hagan Arena
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||K Wyatt 34
||A Lee 10
||W Cummings 3
||R Roberts Jr. 18
||R Roberts Jr. 12
||H Kanacevic 8
On Saturday, February 2nd, Temple was edged by St. Joseph's (PA) 70-69 in conference play. Khalif Wyatt had an impressive game for the Owls and put up a career-high 34 points, sinking 7 of 14 from three-point range. Will Cummings also had a decent outing, scoring 11 points and adding four rebounds. Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double for the Hawks with a team-high 18 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Temple (14-7, 3-4 A-10) is Charlotte (17-4, 5-2 A-10) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
Temple Game Notes
- Temple started 14-7 during the 1998 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Temple beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- The Owls have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Temple has lost 19 close games.
- Temple has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 8 or fewer free throws made.
- Temple has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 5 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Temple has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.4% or better this season, Temple has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Owls have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Owls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Khalif Wyatt recorded a team season high in points with 34, field goals made with 11, three-pointers with 7, field goals attempted with 24, and three pointers attempted with 14.
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 49.2% of the team's points.
- Anthony Lee accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- Anthony Lee has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Khalif Wyatt had career highs with 34 points, 11 field goals made, and 7 three-pointers.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Will Cummings.
- Will Cummings had a career high with 11 points.
- Anthony Lee recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- St. Joseph's (PA) won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Hawks won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 32 close games.
- The top two scorers (Ronald Roberts Jr. and Carl Jones) accounted for 48.5% of the points.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Carl Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 14th of his career.
- Halil Kanacevic has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|A+||R. Roberts Jr.||33||18||12||2||1||3||3|