Xavier faced off with Richmond on Saturday, February 2nd and lost a close one to the Spiders 73-71 in conference play. The Musketeers were led by Travis Taylor, who got a season-high 24 points and eight rebounds. Isaiah Philmore had 10 points and added five rebounds. Alonzo Nelson-Ododa got a career-high 13 points and eight rebounds for the Spiders. Next up for Xavier (12-9, 5-3 A-10) is Duquesne (7-14, 0-7 A-10) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Xavier Game Notes
- Xavier started 12-9 during the 2004 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- XU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- The Musketeers have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier has lost 25 close games.
- Xavier has lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after recording 3 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Xavier has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Musketeers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Xavier has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 8 games.
- Semaj Christon recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis Taylor and Isaiah Philmore) accounted for 48.1% of the rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Travis Taylor's career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Travis Taylor.
- Semaj Christon has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Dee Davis.
- Isaiah Philmore had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Richmond Game Notes
- Richmond won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Spiders won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Richmond has lost 23 close games.
- Alonzo Nelson-Ododa accounted for 38.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Kendall Anthony has led the team in scoring 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Alonzo Nelson-Ododa has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Greg Robbins set a career high with 7 assists.