On Saturday, February 2nd, Richmond nipped Xavier 73-71 in A-10 action. Alonzo Nelson-Ododa played well for the Spiders and put up a career-high 13 points and eight rebounds. Greg Robbins had 10 points and added seven assists. Travis Taylor finished with a season-high 24 points and eight rebounds for the Musketeers. Richmond (14-9, 4-4 A-10) gets Saint Louis (16-5, 5-2 A-10) on their home court on Saturday, February 9th.
Richmond Game Notes
- The Spiders have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Richmond has won 40 close games.
- The Spiders have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Richmond has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.8% or better.
- Richmond has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Richmond has won 76% of the time (13-4) when Darien Brothers has 13 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Greg Robbins plays 34 minutes or more.
- The Spiders set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Richmond recorded at least 25 free throws made was Jan 18, 2012 against George Washington.
- The Spiders have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Richmond has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Richmond has a 14.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Alonzo Nelson-Ododa accounted for 38.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Kendall Anthony has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 23 games this season.
- Alonzo Nelson-Ododa has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Greg Robbins had a career high with 7 assists.
Xavier Game Notes
- The Musketeers have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Xavier has lost 25 close games.
- Semaj Christon recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis Taylor and Isaiah Philmore) accounted for 48.1% of the rebounds.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Travis Taylor's career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Travis Taylor.
- Semaj Christon has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Dee Davis.
- Isaiah Philmore set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.