(6-16, 1-12 away)
Venue: Stuart Siegel Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||B Smith 17
||R Rhoomes 12
||B Frazier 5
||T Daniels 29
||J Reddic 10
||D Theus 5
Fordham was blown out by Virginia Commonwealth 81-65 in conference play on an evening when they were outscored 39-18 by Virginia Commonwealth from three-point territory. Fordham kept the game close at half, down 38-33, but then Virginia Commonwealth was able to break it wide open in the second half. Fordham got eight points and 12 rebounds from Ryan Rhoomes. Bryan Smith had a team-high 17 points and added five rebounds. For Virginia Commonwealth, Troy Daniels got a game-high 29 points, including 7-of-14 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Fordham (6-16, 2-5 A-10) welcomes Saint Louis (16-5, 5-2 A-10).
Fordham Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:36 left to go.
- Fordham started 6-16 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Fordham beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- Fordham has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 3 or fewer steals.
- Fordham has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after committing 22 or more turnovers.
- The Rams have lost 86% of the time this season (2-12) after having a three-point percentage of 31.6% or worse.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Fordham has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Fordham has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Fordham has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- Fordham has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Bryan Smith and Mandell Thomas) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Rhoomes and Mandell Thomas) accounted for 45.6% of the rebounds.
- Bryan Smith has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Ryan Rhoomes has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- Mandell Thomas has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Rhoomes recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Ryan Canty.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- Virginia Commonwealth won, but did not cover the spread.
- Troy Daniels accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Juvonte Reddic and Treveon Graham) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Troy Daniels has led the team in scoring 6 times in 23 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 23 games this season.
- Treveon Graham has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Troy Daniels's career.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 14th of his career.