(6-16, 1-12 away)
Venue: Stuart Siegel Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||B Smith 17
||R Rhoomes 12
||B Frazier 5
||T Daniels 29
||J Reddic 10
||D Theus 5
Virginia Commonwealth waxed Fordham 81-65 in A-10 play in a game where they outscored Fordham 39-18 from behind the arc. The first half was competitive, with Virginia Commonwealth holding a 38-33 lead, but then the game got out of hand in the second half. Troy Daniels played brilliantly for Virginia Commonwealth and put up a game-high 29 points, shooting 7 of 14 from three-point range. Treveon Graham also had a good game, scoring 15 points and adding eight rebounds. For Fordham, Ryan Rhoomes got eight points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Virginia Commonwealth (18-5, 6-2 A-10) is Charlotte (17-4, 5-2 A-10) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:36 left to go.
- Virginia Commonwealth started 18-5 during the 2011, 2010, and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The Rams have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its three-point percentage has been 37.1% or better.
- VCU has won 94% of the time this season (15-1) when opponents record 65 or fewer total points.
- VCU has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 42.1% field goal percentage.
- This season Virginia Commonwealth has won 87% of the time (13-2) when Treveon Graham has 15 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Troy Daniels has 7 three-pointers or more, and 83% of the time (10-2) when Darius Theus has 5 assists or more.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--VCU has a 16.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Troy Daniels accounted for 35.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Juvonte Reddic and Treveon Graham) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Troy Daniels has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 23 games this season.
- Treveon Graham has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Troy Daniels's career.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 14th of his career.
Fordham Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Bryan Smith and Mandell Thomas) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Rhoomes and Mandell Thomas) accounted for 45.6% of the rebounds.
- Bryan Smith has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Ryan Rhoomes has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Mandell Thomas has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Rhoomes recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Ryan Canty.