Rhode Island 68
(6-14, 2-6 away)
(9) Butler 75
(18-4, 11-0 home)
Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||N Malesevic 18
||N Malesevic 6
||M Powell 3
||R Clarke 23
||R Jones 6
||R Jones 4
On Saturday, February 2nd, No. 9 Butler took on Rhode Island and topped the Rams 75-68 in A-10 action. The Bulldogs got the win with 18 points and six rebounds from Roosevelt Jones. Rotnei Clarke was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 8 on the way to a game-high 23 points. Nikola Malesevic got a team-high 18 points and six rebounds for the Rams. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Butler (18-4, 5-2 A-10) welcomes St. Bonaventure (10-10, 3-4 A-10).
Butler Game Notes
- Butler started 18-4 during the 2009 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Butler has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7% or better.
- Butler has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Butler has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Butler has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Butler has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Khyle Marshall has 13 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Rotnei Clarke plays 37 minutes or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Roosevelt Jones has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Butler recorded at least 24 free throws made was Jan 13, 2012 against Cleveland State.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Butler has a 14.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rotnei Clarke accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Roosevelt Jones has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Rotnei Clarke's career.
- Rotnei Clarke has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Andrew Smith.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Alex Barlow.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Nikola Malesevic and Mike Powell) accounted for 47.0% of the points.
- Nikola Malesevic has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 7 times in 20 games this season.
- Xavier Munford has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Hare.