Stony Brook 56
(17-5, 10-4 away)
New Hampshire 54
(6-15, 3-6 home)
Venue: Lundholm Gym
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Coley 13
||D Coley 8
||T Brenton 3
||C Rhoads 12
||C Rhoads 7
||F Myrick 4
Stony Brook snuck past New Hampshire 56-54 in America East action on Saturday, February 2nd. With the win, the Seawolves remain unbeaten against New Hampshire this season at 2-0. Dave Coley led the Seawolves and put up a game-high 13 points and eight rebounds. Tommy Brenton had seven points and added seven rebounds. For the Wildcats, Chandler Rhoads finished with a team-high 12 points and seven rebounds. Stony Brook (17-5, 8-1 America East) gets Hartford (12-10, 5-4 America East) on the road on Saturday, February 9th.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- The win over New Hampshire extended the Stony Brook winning streak to 4 games.
- The Seawolves have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Stony Brook has won 20 close games.
- The Seawolves have won 85% of the time this season (11-2) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.9% field goal percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 83% of the time (10-2) when Jameel Warney has 11 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Dave Coley plays 31 minutes or more, and 89% of the time (8-1) when Anthony Jackson has 4 field goals made or more.
- STKNY set season lows for steals and three-pointers.
- The Seawolves have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 9 games.
- Stony Brook has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Seawolves came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Dave Coley and Anthony Jackson) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dave Coley and Tommy Brenton) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Dave Coley has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Anthony Jackson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
New Hampshire Game Notes
- The Wildcats have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, New Hampshire has lost 33 close games.
- Ferg Myrick recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Chandler Rhoads and Ferg Myrick) accounted for 40.7% of the points.
- Chandler Rhoads has led the team in scoring 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Patrick Konan has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Chandler Rhoads has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Ferg Myrick has 7 straight double-digit point games.