(9-13, 5-5 away)
(12-9, 7-2 home)
Venue: Spiro Sports Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||I Azotam 15
||O Drame 10
||D Johnson 3
||L Rivers 29
||K Ortiz 9
||J Williams 3
On Saturday, February 2nd, Wagner took on Quinnipiac and lost in front of the home crowd against the Bobcats 74-69 in conference play. The Seahawks were paced by Latif Rivers, who put up a season-high 29 points, with 18 coming from three-point range. Kenneth Ortiz also had a strong game, scoring 19 points and adding nine rebounds. Ousmane Drame got a double-double for the Bobcats on 13 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Wagner (12-9, 6-4 NEC) is Mount St. Mary's (9-12, 4-6 NEC) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
Wagner Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:03 left to go.
- The last time Wagner started the season 12-9 was 2000.
- The Seahawks have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wagner has lost 25 close games.
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, Wagner has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Wagner set a season low for turnovers.
- The Seahawks have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Wagner has a 2.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Latif Rivers recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Latif Rivers accounted for 42.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenneth Ortiz and Orlando Parker) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Kenneth Ortiz has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Kenneth Ortiz.
- Jonathon Williams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jonathon Williams.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Latif Rivers's career.
- Latif Rivers has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Latif Rivers had career highs with 10 field goals made and 6 three-pointers.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Naofall Folahan.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- The Bobcats won this one, but have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Quinnipiac has lost 34 close games.
- The top two rebounders (Ousmane Drame and Jamee Jackson) accounted for 41.4% of the rebounds.
- Ike Azotam has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Ousmane Drame has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Ousmane Drame recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ousmane Drame recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 7th of his career.