Norfolk State 80
(13-10, 7-9 away)
Coppin State 70
(5-18, 2-6 home)
Venue: Coppin Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||P Williams 23
||P Williams 12
||J Fuentes 5
||A Armstrong 24
||D Johnson 4
||P Cole 3
On a day when they outrebounded the Eagles 48-25, Norfolk State won on the road against Coppin State 80-70 in MEAC play. With the win, the Spartans move to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Pendarvis Williams got a season-high 23 points and 12 rebounds for the Spartans, earning a double-double. He also was 5 for 7 from three-point range. Marese Phelps had seven points and added three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Eagles, Patrick Cole got 12 points and three assists. The next game will be on Monday, February 4th when Norfolk State (13-10, 8-0 MEAC) heads to Morgan State (6-12, 3-4 MEAC).
Norfolk State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:20 left to go.
- Norfolk State started 13-10 during the 2007 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Coppin State extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 7 games.
- Norfolk State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.8% or better.
- The Spartans have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 9 or more three-pointers.
- NSU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 35.6% field goal percentage.
- NSU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 8 or fewer assists.
- This season Norfolk State has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Malcom Hawkins has 17 points or more and 88% of the time (7-1) when Pendarvis Williams has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Spartans set season highs for rebounds and turnovers.
- The last time NSU recorded at least 24 turnovers was Nov 30, 2011 against Elizabeth City State.
- The Spartans have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Pendarvis Williams recorded a team season high in points with 23 and three-pointers with 5.
- The top two scorers (Pendarvis Williams and Malcom Hawkins) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Pendarvis Williams and Rashid Gaston) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Pendarvis Williams has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 3 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Pendarvis Williams's career.
- Pendarvis Williams has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Pendarvis Williams recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Pendarvis Williams had career highs with 12 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
Coppin State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Eagles losing streak to 3 games.
- Andre Armstrong accounted for 34.2% of the team's points.
- Andre Armstrong has led the team in scoring 6 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Andre Armstrong's career.
- Andre Armstrong has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Michael Murray set a career high with 4 steals.
|-||B. St. Louis||8||0||0||0||0||0||0|