Monmouth faced off with Bryant on Saturday, February 2nd and was thumped by the Bulldogs 77-62 in conference play. The Hawks got a career-high 27 points and five assists (4 Reb 4 Stl) from Jesse Steele. Stephen Spinella had nine points and added five rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Frankie Dobbs got a career-high 27 points and four rebounds. Next up for Monmouth (8-15, 3-7 NEC) is Quinnipiac (9-13, 5-5 NEC) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
Monmouth Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:38 left to go.
- Monmouth has lost 100% of the time this season (0-11) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- The Hawks have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 34.4% or worse.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Monmouth has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.9% or better this season, Monmouth has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Monmouth has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- This is the 9th game at home this season--MU has a -4.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jesse Steele recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 13.
- Jesse Steele accounted for 43.5% of the team's points.
- Jesse Steele has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Tyrone O`Garro has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Jesse Steele's career.
- Jesse Steele had career highs with 27 points, 10 field goals made, and 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Tyrone O`Garro.
Bryant Game Notes
- Frankie Dobbs accounted for 35.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Francis and Vladyslav Kondratyev) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Frankie Dobbs has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Alex Francis has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Alex Francis recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Francis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Francis recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 21st of his career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Frankie Dobbs's career.
- Frankie Dobbs set a career high with 27 points.
- Vladyslav Kondratyev set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.