Mississippi State 68
(7-13, 6-6 home)
Venue: Humphrey Coliseum
5:30PM ET / 2:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Hickey 12
||J O`Bryant III 12
||A Hickey 4
||G Ware 14
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 3
LSU squared off with Mississippi State on Saturday, February 2nd and held on to beat the Bulldogs 69-68 in SEC action. LSU found themselves down 40-26 at halftime, but put together a big second-half push to salvage the win. Johnny O`Bryant III earned a double-double in the win with a team-high 12 points and 12 rebounds. Charles Carmouche had 10 points and added seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Bulldogs, Gavin Ware finished with a game-high 14 points and seven rebounds. LSU (12-7, 3-5 SEC) takes on Vanderbilt (8-12, 2-6 SEC) on Wednesday, February 6th on their home court.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU started 12-7 during the 2011, 2004, 2002, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Tigers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, LSU has won 24 close games.
- The Tigers have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- This season LSU has won 75% of the time (9-3) when Shavon Coleman has 11 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Andre Stringer plays 33 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Charles Carmouche has 4 field goals made or more.
- LSU set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- LSU has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Johnny O`Bryant III.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 10th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Shavon Coleman.
- Anthony Hickey has 9 straight double-digit point games.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Mississippi State has lost 32 close games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 6 games.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Colin Borchert has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Gavin Ware has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Fred Thomas.
|A||J. O`Bryant III||32||12||12||2||2||2||3|
|-||A. Del Piero||4||0||2||1||0||0||0|