Mississippi State 68
(7-13, 6-6 home)
Venue: Humphrey Coliseum
5:30PM ET / 2:30PM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Hickey 12
||J O`Bryant III 12
||A Hickey 4
||G Ware 14
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 3
On Saturday, February 2nd, Mississippi State took on LSU and lost by a slim margin to the Tigers 69-68 in conference play. Mississippi State held a 40-26 lead at the half, but LSU fought back in the second half and got the win. The Bulldogs were paced by Gavin Ware, who put up a game-high 14 points and seven rebounds. Trivante Bloodman had 12 points and added six rebounds. Johnny O`Bryant III registered a double-double for the Tigers with a team-high 12 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Mississippi State (7-13, 2-6 SEC) is 16th-ranked Ole Miss (17-4, 6-2 SEC) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- MState beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Mississippi State has lost 32 close games.
- Mississippi State has lost 82% of the time this season (2-9) after recording 13 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 11 or more steals this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 91% of the time (1-10).
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--MState has a 2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Colin Borchert has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Gavin Ware has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Fred Thomas.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU has lost 23 close games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Johnny O`Bryant III.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 10th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Shavon Coleman.
- Anthony Hickey has 9 straight double-digit point games.
|A||J. O`Bryant III||32||12||12||2||2||2||3|
|-||A. Del Piero||4||0||2||1||0||0||0|