(7) Gonzaga 65
(21-2, 7-1 away)
San Diego 63
(11-12, 8-4 home)
Venue: Jenny Craig Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||E Harris 18
||E Harris 8
||G Bell 4
||J Dee 21
||C Manresa 8
||C Anderson 11
No. 7 Gonzaga squared off with San Diego on Saturday, February 2nd and got a slim victory over the Toreros 65-63 in West Coast play. Kelly Olynyk led the Bulldogs and got 15 points plus eight rebounds. Elias Harris had a team-high 18 points and added eight rebounds. For the Toreros, Dennis Kramer got 10 points and three rebounds. Next up for Gonzaga (21-2, 8-0 West Coast) is Pepperdine (10-12, 2-7 West Coast) on Thursday, February 7th on their home court.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- The last time Zags started the season 21-2 was 2003.
- The win over San Diego extended the Gonzaga winning streak to 4 games.
- The Bulldogs have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Gonzaga has won 26 close games.
- Gonzaga has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 11 or more steals.
- Gonzaga has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Zags has won 100% of the time this season (13-0) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- Zags has won 100% of the time this season (14-0) after holding an opponent to under 43.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Gonzaga has won 92% of the time (12-1) when Kelly Olynyk has 15 points or more, 86% of the time (12-2) when Kevin Pangos plays 34 minutes or more, and 89% of the time (8-1) when Elias Harris has 6 field goals made or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for blocks.
- The last time Zags recorded at least 6 blocks was Jan 07, 2012 against Santa Clara.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Kelly Olynyk recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- The top two scorers (Elias Harris and Kelly Olynyk) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kelly Olynyk and Elias Harris) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Elias Harris has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Kelly Olynyk has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Kevin Pangos had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Kelly Olynyk has 18 straight double-digit point games.
San Diego Game Notes
- The Toreros have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego has lost 31 close games.
- This loss extended the Toreros losing streak to 4 games.
- Christopher Anderson recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- Johnny Dee tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Johnny Dee accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring 15 times in 23 games this season.
- Chris Manresa has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Christopher Anderson's career.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Johnny Dee's career.
- Johnny Dee set a career high with 7 rebounds.