Santa Clara was outshot 58%-38% by Brigham Young and was destroyed by the Cougars 96-79 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. This one was close at the half, with Santa Clara down by one, but the Cougars proved to be too much in the second half and ended up winning big. The Broncos remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Kevin Foster put up a team-high 18 points and nine assists in the loss. Marc Trasolini also had a solid outing, scoring 15 points and adding eight rebounds. Matt Carlino got a season-high 28 points and six assists for the Cougars. The next game will be on Thursday, February 7th when Santa Clara (17-7, 5-4 West Coast) hosts Saint Mary's (19-4, 8-1 West Coast).
Santa Clara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:57 left to go.
- Santa Clara started 17-7 during the 2006 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- SCU set a season low for blocks.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Foster and Marc Trasolini) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Yannick Atanga and Marc Trasolini) accounted for 51.5% of the rebounds.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Yannick Atanga has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 24 games this season.
- Kevin Foster has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Foster had a career high with 9 assists.
- Marc Trasolini has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Matt Carlino and Tyler Haws) accounted for 54.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Davies and Brock Zylstra) accounted for 46.3% of the rebounds.
- Matt Carlino has led the team in scoring 5 times in 24 games this season.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Davies recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Davies has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Davies recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 20th of his career.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Matt Carlino's career.
- Matt Carlino has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Brock Zylstra set a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.