(14-7, 4-4 away)
(8-12, 5-7 home)
Venue: Memorial Gym (TN)
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||T Lacey 17
||R Cooper 7
||R Cooper 2
||K Johnson 15
||K Johnson 7
||D Parker 3
On a day when they turned the ball over only nine times, Alabama got a road win against Vanderbilt 58-54 in conference play. Rodney Cooper paced the Crimson Tide and put up 11 points and seven rebounds. Trevor Lacey had a game-high 17 points and added four rebounds. Kedren Johnson got a team-high 15 points and seven rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast) for the Commodores. Alabama (14-7, 6-2 SEC) gets Auburn (8-13, 2-6 SEC) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama started 14-7 during the 2011, 2010, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Alabama beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Crimson Tide have beaten the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have won 8 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Alabama has won 28 close games.
- Alabama has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 43.8% or better.
- The Crimson Tide have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 7 or more three-pointers.
- Alabama has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Alabama has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Rodney Cooper has 11 points or more and 100% of the time (6-0) when Trevor Lacey has 3 three-pointers or more.
- Alabama set a season low for assists.
- This is the 5th win of the season where the Crimson Tide came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Andrew Steele) accounted for 51.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rodney Cooper and Moussa Gueye) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 21 games this season.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Trevor Lacey has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Andrew Steele had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vanderbilt lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Commodores have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt has lost 22 close games.
- This loss extended the Commodores losing streak to 3 games.
- Kedren Johnson recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Kedren Johnson and Kyle Fuller) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kedren Johnson and Rod Odom) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kedren Johnson set a career high with 4 blocks.
- Kyle Fuller set a career high with 3 three-pointers.