On a day when they had 17 turnovers, Vanderbilt was beaten at home by Alabama 58-54 in conference play. The Commodores were led by Kedren Johnson, who put up a team-high 15 points and seven rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). Rod Odom got eight points and added six rebounds. For the Crimson Tide, Rodney Cooper finished with 11 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Vanderbilt (8-12, 2-6 SEC) heads to LSU (12-7, 3-5 SEC).
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- The Commodores have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt has lost 22 close games.
- Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- Vanderbilt has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- The Commodores set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time Vandy had a three-point percentage of 53.3% or higher was Feb 16, 2012 against Ole Miss.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Commodores opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Vandy has a 3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kedren Johnson recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Kedren Johnson and Kyle Fuller) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kedren Johnson and Rod Odom) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kedren Johnson had a career high with 4 blocks.
- Kyle Fuller had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Alabama Game Notes
- The Crimson Tide won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Andrew Steele) accounted for 51.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rodney Cooper and Moussa Gueye) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Trevor Lacey has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Andrew Steele set a career high with 3 three-pointers.