No. 20 New Mexico beat Nevada 75-62 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. Hugh Greenwood played brilliantly for the Lobos and put up a team-high 15 points and seven rebounds. Chad Adams also had a good outing, scoring 10 points and adding four rebounds. For the Wolf Pack, Deonte Burton got 13 points and seven assists. New Mexico (19-3, 6-1 MWC) takes on Air Force (13-6, 5-2 MWC) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
New Mexico Game Notes
- New Mexico started 19-3 during the 2009 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Lobos have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Lobos has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 4 or fewer free throws made.
- Lobos has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) after holding an opponent to under 40.7% field goal percentage.
- This season New Mexico has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Chad Adams has 10 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Hugh Greenwood has 5 field goals made or more, and 92% of the time (11-1) when Cameron Bairstow has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Lobos set season highs for assists, field goal percentage, and three-pointers.
- The last time Lobos recorded at least 22 assists was Jan 25, 2012 against Colorado State.
- The Lobos have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Lobos has a 11.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Hugh Greenwood and Cameron Bairstow) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Hugh Greenwood has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Alex Kirk had a career high with 5 blocks.
- Tony Snell had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Chad Adams had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Nevada Game Notes
- Malik Story accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jerry Evans Jr and Jordan Burris) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Malik Story has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Jerry Evans Jr has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Malik Story's career.
- Deonte Burton has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Panzer set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.