(8) Arizona 79
(19-2, 8-1 away)
Washington State 65
(11-11, 10-5 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||M Lyons 20
||B Ashley 5
||N Johnson 5
||B Motum 15
||D Shelton 10
||D Lacy 3
On Saturday, February 2nd, Washington State took on No. 8 Arizona and lost in front of the home crowd against the Wildcats 79-65 in conference play. The Cougars remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. D.J. Shelton earned a double-double in the loss with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Royce Woolridge had 14 points and added six rebounds. Solomon Hill finished with 18 points for the Wildcats, making 6 of 10 from three-point range. Washington State (11-10, 2-7 Pac 12) gets USC (9-13, 4-5 Pac 12) on the road on Thursday, February 7th.
Washington State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:16 left to go.
- Washington State started 11-11 during the 2005, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, WSU played 27 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-19.
- Washington State has lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- The Cougars have lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after having a field goal percentage of 40.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.4% or better this season, Washington State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Washington State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- Washington State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--WSU has a 6.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- DaVonte Lacy recorded a team season high in free throws made with 8.
- The top two scorers (DaVonte Lacy and Brock Motum) accounted for 46.1% of the points.
- D.J. Shelton accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- D.J. Shelton has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brock Motum.
- D.J. Shelton recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Shelton recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- D.J. Shelton had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Arizona Game Notes
- Solomon Hill recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6 and three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Mark Lyons and Solomon Hill) accounted for 48.1% of the points.
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring 11 times in 21 games this season.
- Grant Jerrett has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Solomon Hill set a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Mark Lyons's career.
- Kaleb Tarczewski has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Brandon Ashley.