Boise State 77
(15-6, 10-1 home)
Venue: Taco Bell Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Bennett 25
||B Dejean-Jones 6
||A Marshall 12
||A Drmic 22
||M Thompson 9
||J Elorriaga 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, UNLV took on Boise State and was clipped by the Broncos 77-72 in conference play. Anthony Marshall earned a double-double in the Rebels loss with 18 points and 12 assists. Anthony Bennett also had a strong showing, scoring a game-high 25 points and adding six rebounds. For the Broncos, Anthony Drmic got a team-high 22 points and four assists. UNLV (17-5, 4-3 MWC) takes on Fresno State (7-13, 1-6 MWC) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
UNLV Game Notes
- UNLV started 17-5 during the 2010, 2008, and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The Rebels have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV has lost 20 close games.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, UNLV has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Rebels set a season high for assists.
- UNLV set a season low for rebounds.
- The Rebels have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 9 games.
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Anthony Marshall's career.
- Anthony Marshall recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 8th of his career.
- Anthony Marshall had career highs with 3 three-pointers and 12 assists.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.
- Anthony Bennett has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones had a career high with 6 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Khem Birch.
Boise State Game Notes
- The Broncos won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boise State has lost 27 close games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Drmic and Derrick Marks) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mikey Thompson and Kenny Buckner) accounted for 53.3% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Drmic has led the team in scoring 9 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Anthony Drmic's career.
- Anthony Drmic has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Buckner set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Ryan Watkins.