Boise State 77
(15-6, 10-1 home)
Venue: Taco Bell Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||A Bennett 25
||B Dejean-Jones 6
||A Marshall 12
||A Drmic 22
||M Thompson 9
||J Elorriaga 5
Boise State came out on top against UNLV 77-72 in conference action on Saturday, February 2nd. The Broncos got the win with a team-high 22 points and four assists from Anthony Drmic. Jeff Elorriaga also had a good outing, scoring 11 points and adding five assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Anthony Marshall registered a double-double for the Rebels on 18 points and 12 assists. Next up for Boise State (15-6, 3-4 MWC) is 22nd-ranked San Diego State (16-5, 4-3 MWC) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Boise State Game Notes
- The last time BSU started the season 15-6 was 2008.
- BSU beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- The Broncos have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Boise State has won 26 close games.
- Boise State has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1% or better.
- The Broncos have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 8 or more steals.
- BSU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Boise State has won 90% of the time (9-1) when Jeff Elorriaga has 11 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when Derrick Marks plays 32 minutes or more, and 82% of the time (9-2) when Anthony Drmic has 5 field goals made or more.
- BSU set a season low for blocks.
- Boise State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--BSU has a 19.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Drmic and Derrick Marks) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mikey Thompson and Kenny Buckner) accounted for 53.3% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Drmic has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Anthony Drmic's career.
- Anthony Drmic has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Kenny Buckner had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Ryan Watkins.
UNLV Game Notes
- UNLV lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Rebels have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV has lost 20 close games.
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 34.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Anthony Marshall's career.
- Anthony Marshall recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 8th of his career.
- Anthony Marshall set career highs with 3 three-pointers and 12 assists.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Anthony Bennett's career.
- Anthony Bennett has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones set a career high with 6 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Khem Birch.