(15) Wichita State 52
(19-4, 6-3 away)
Northern Iowa 57
(12-11, 10-3 home)
Venue: McLeod Center
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||C Hall 20
||T Cotton 6
||M Armstead 3
||A James 16
||S Tuttle 8
||S Tuttle 2
No. 15 Wichita State faced off with Northern Iowa on Saturday, February 2nd and was upset by the Panthers 57-52 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Carl Hall put up a game-high 20 points plus five rebounds in the Shockers loss. Cleanthony Early had 10 points and added six rebounds. Seth Tuttle got eight points and eight rebounds for the Panthers. Wichita State (19-4, 8-3 The Valley) takes on Southern Illinois (8-14, 1-10 The Valley) on Tuesday, February 5th on the road.
Wichita State Game Notes
- Wichita State started 19-4 during the 2011, 2010, and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The Shockers have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Wichita State has lost 30 close games.
- WSU set season lows for assists, free throws made, and total points.
- Carl Hall accounted for 38.4% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (30) than the starters (22).
- Carl Hall has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- Cleanthony Early has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Carl Hall's career.
- Cleanthony Early has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Cleanthony Early.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The Panthers won this one, but have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Iowa has lost 27 close games.
- Seth Tuttle recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Anthony James and Marc Sonnen) accounted for 43.8% of the points.
- Anthony James has led the team in scoring 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Seth Tuttle set a career high with 4 blocks.
|D||Fred Van Vleet||14||0||0||1||0||0||0|