On Saturday, February 2nd, No. 22 San Diego State allowed 36 points from three-point territory to Air Force and lost in a stunner to the Falcons 70-67 in conference play. Jamaal Franklin secured a double-double in the Aztecs loss including a game-high 25 points and 10 rebounds. Winston Shepard had four points and added five rebounds. Michael Lyons finished with a team-high 20 points and five rebounds for the Falcons. Next up for San Diego State (16-5, 4-3 MWC) is Boise State (15-6, 3-4 MWC) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The last time SDSU started the season 16-5 was 2008.
- The Aztecs have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego State is 38-18 in close games.
- San Diego State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording two or fewer three-pointers.
- The Aztecs set a season high for assists (19).
- The last time SDSU recorded at least 19 assists was Nov 11, 2011 against Bryant.
- The Aztecs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- Jamaal Franklin accounted for 37.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamaal Franklin and DeShawn Stephens) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Jamaal Franklin has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 21st of his career.
- Jamaal Franklin had a career high with six assists.
- J.J. O`Brien has three straight double-digit point games.
Air Force Game Notes
- The Falcons won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Air Force is 16-22 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Michael Lyons and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding nine times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons has five straight double-digit point games.