On Saturday, February 2nd, Air Force scored 36 points from three-point territory and pulled off a stunner against San Diego State 70-67 in conference play. The Falcons now have a record of 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Michael Lyons put on a show for the Falcons and put up a team-high 20 points plus five rebounds. Todd Fletcher also had a strong outing, scoring 13 points and adding five assists. Jamaal Franklin registered a double-double for the Aztecs with a game-high 25 points and 10 rebounds. The Falcons are on a five-game win streak. Air Force (13-6, 5-2 MWC) heads to 15th-ranked New Mexico (19-3, 6-1 MWC) on Wednesday, February 6th.
Air Force Game Notes
- The win over San Diego State extended the Air Force winning streak to five games.
- AF beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, AF played 17 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-16.
- Air Force has won every game this season (11-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.0 percent or better.
- The Falcons have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 20 or more assists.
- This season Air Force has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Todd Fletcher has 13 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Taylor Broekhuis plays 31 minutes or more, and 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Michael Lyons has seven field goals made or more.
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--AF has a 19.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Michael Lyons and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons has five straight double-digit point games.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The Aztecs have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Diego State is 38-18 in close games.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- Jamaal Franklin accounted for 37.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamaal Franklin and DeShawn Stephens) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Jamaal Franklin has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 21st of his career.
- Jamaal Franklin set a career high with six assists.
- J.J. O`Brien has three straight double-digit point games.