Southern Illinois 47
(8-14, 4-9 away)
Illinois State 83
(13-10, 10-5 home)
Venue: Redbird Arena
4:05PM ET / 1:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Jackson 14
||J Early 11
||J Early 3
||T Brown 16
||J Carmichael 11
||J Hill 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Southern Illinois was blown out by Illinois State 83-47 in conference play. With the loss, the Salukis stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. The Salukis were paced by Jeff Early, who put up two points and 11 rebounds. Kendal Brown-Surles had nine points. Jackie Carmichael got a double-double for the Redbirds on 15 points and 11 rebounds. The Salukis are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Tuesday, February 5th when Southern Illinois (8-14, 1-10 The Valley) welcomes 15th-ranked Wichita State (19-4, 8-3 The Valley).
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:49 left to go.
- Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 4 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.2% or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 92% of the time (1-12).
- When the opposition records 7 or more three-pointers this season, Southern Illinois has lost 92% of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Southern Illinois has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- SIU set season lows for field goals made and field goal percentage.
- Southern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Desmar Jackson and Anthony Beane Jr.) accounted for 51.0% of the points.
- Jeff Early accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 22 games this season.
- Jeff Early has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 22 games this season.
- Jeff Early recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Desmar Jackson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Illinois State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Jackie Carmichael and Johnny Hill) accounted for 41.8% of the rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has led the team in scoring 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 23 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded the 35th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 31st of his career.
- Johnny Hill set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||30||10||3||0||1||0||4|