Southern Illinois 47
(8-14, 4-9 away)
Illinois State 83
(13-10, 10-5 home)
Venue: Redbird Arena
4:05PM ET / 1:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Jackson 14
||J Early 11
||J Early 3
||T Brown 16
||J Carmichael 11
||J Hill 5
Illinois State squared off with Southern Illinois on Saturday, February 2nd and won big against the Salukis 83-47 in The Valley play. The Redbirds go to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Jackie Carmichael got 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Redbirds, earning a double-double. Kaza Keane also had a strong showing, scoring seven points and adding three assists. For the Salukis, Jeff Early finished with two points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Illinois State (13-10, 4-7 The Valley) goes to Drake (11-11, 5-6 The Valley).
Illinois State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:49 left to go.
- The last time IllSt started the season 13-10 was 1998.
- IllSt beat the spread by 25.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Redbirds have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, IllSt has been on the winning end of 27 blowout games.
- The Redbirds have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 83 or more total points.
- IllSt has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season Illinois State has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Johnny Hill has 5 assists or more.
- The Redbirds set season highs for free throws made and rebounds.
- The last time IllSt recorded at least 28 free throws made was Feb 08, 2012 against Drake.
- IllSt set a season low for turnovers.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--IllSt has a 13.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Jackie Carmichael and Johnny Hill) accounted for 41.8% of the rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 23 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded the 35th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 31st of his career.
- Johnny Hill had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SIU has been on the losing end of 13 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Salukis losing streak to 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Desmar Jackson and Anthony Beane Jr.) accounted for 51.0% of the points.
- Jeff Early accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring 11 times in 22 games this season.
- Jeff Early has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Jeff Early recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Desmar Jackson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||30||10||3||0||1||0||4|