(9-10, 4-8 away)
Northern Illinois 64
(5-15, 3-6 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (IL)
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Brown 20
||R Pearson 8
||J Brown 3
||A Nader 19
||A Nader 11
||T Baker 4
Toledo got a road win against Northern Illinois 69-64 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. The Rockets got the win with a game-high 20 points and three assists from Julius Brown. Rian Pearson had 12 points and added eight rebounds. For the Huskies, Aksel Bolin finished with a career-high 18 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, February 6th when Toledo (9-10, 5-3 MAC) welcomes Miami (OH) (8-12, 3-5 MAC).
Toledo Game Notes
- Toledo started 9-10 during the 2011 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Northern Illinois extended the Toledo winning streak to 3 games.
- Toledo beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Rockets have beaten the spread.
- The Rockets have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Toledo has won 22 close games.
- Toledo has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.5% field goal percentage.
- Toledo has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Toledo has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Julius Brown has 5 free throws made or more.
- Toledo set a season low for assists.
- The Rockets have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Julius Brown and Matt Smith) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Julius Brown has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- Rian Pearson has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 19 games this season.
- Rian Pearson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Julius Brown's career.
- Julius Brown has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Smith had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- Northern Illinois lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Huskies have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Illinois has lost 27 close games.
- Abdel Nader recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10 and field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Abdel Nader and Aksel Bolin) accounted for 57.8% of the points.
- Abdel Nader accounted for 36.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Abdel Nader has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Aksel Bolin set career highs with 18 points and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Abdel Nader recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Abdel Nader recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Abdel Nader set career highs with 11 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Keith Gray.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Travon Baker.