(9-10, 4-8 away)
Northern Illinois 64
(5-15, 3-6 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (IL)
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||J Brown 20
||R Pearson 8
||J Brown 3
||A Nader 19
||A Nader 11
||T Baker 4
On Saturday, February 2nd, Northern Illinois took on Toledo and lost at home against the Rockets 69-64 in conference play. Aksel Bolin got a career-high 18 points and six rebounds for the Huskies. Abdel Nader played his way to a double-double with a team-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. For the Rockets, Julius Brown finished with a game-high 20 points and three assists. Northern Illinois (4-15, 2-5 MAC) gets Bowling Green (8-13, 3-5 MAC) at home on Wednesday, February 6th.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- Northern Illinois started 5-15 during the 2007 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Huskies have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Illinois has lost 27 close games.
- Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 6 or fewer assists.
- Northern Illinois has lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.2% or better this season, Northern Illinois has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- Northern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--NIU has a -5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Abdel Nader recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10 and field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Abdel Nader and Aksel Bolin) accounted for 57.8% of the points.
- Abdel Nader accounted for 36.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Abdel Nader has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Aksel Bolin had career highs with 18 points and a 100% three-point percentage.
- Abdel Nader recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Abdel Nader recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Abdel Nader had career highs with 11 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Keith Gray.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Travon Baker.
Toledo Game Notes
- The Rockets won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Toledo has lost 23 close games.
- The top two scorers (Julius Brown and Matt Smith) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Julius Brown has led the team in scoring 7 times in 19 games this season.
- Rian Pearson has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Rian Pearson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Julius Brown's career.
- Julius Brown has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Smith set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.