Indiana State 71
(14-8, 5-7 away)
(11-11, 8-4 home)
Venue: Knapp Center
7:35PM ET / 4:35PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Cummings 16
||R Mahurin 6
||J Odum 5
||B Simons 21
||J Clarke 6
||C Hines 4
Indiana State let one slip to Drake 74-71 in overtime on Saturday, February 2nd. R.J. Mahurin put up 14 points plus six rebounds for the Sycamores. Jake Odum had 14 points and added five assists. For the Bulldogs, Ben Simons got a game-high 21 points and five rebounds. Next up for Indiana State (14-8, 7-4 The Valley) is 21st-ranked Creighton (20-3, 9-2 The Valley) on Wednesday, February 6th at home.
Indiana State Game Notes
- Indiana State has played in 4 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Sycamores have played in 17 overtime games with a record of 11-6.
- The Sycamores have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana State has lost 21 close games.
- The Sycamores have lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after having a three-point percentage of 23.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Indiana State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Sycamores have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Sycamores opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Dawon Cummings and Jake Odum) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- R.J. Mahurin has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 22 games this season.
- Jake Odum has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin had a career high with 6 field goals made.
Drake Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Drake has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Jordan Clarke) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Ben Simons's career.
|B||Gary Ricks Jr.||16||3||2||2||2||0||0|