On Saturday, February 2nd, Drake just barely slipped by Indiana State 74-71 in overtime. Ben Simons played well for the Bulldogs and put up a game-high 21 points and five rebounds. Jordan Clarke had 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Sycamores, R.J. Mahurin finished with 14 points and six rebounds. Next up for Drake (11-11, 5-6 The Valley) is Illinois State (13-10, 4-7 The Valley) on Wednesday, February 6th on their home court.
Drake Game Notes
- The last time Drake started the season 11-11 was 2005.
- Drake beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Drake has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Bulldogs have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 4-5.
- The Bulldogs have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Drake has won 27 close games.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Drake has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- Drake has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Drake has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Richard Carter has 11 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Ben Simons has 4 three-pointers or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Drake has a 4.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Jordan Clarke) accounted for 45.9% of the points.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Ben Simons's career.
Indiana State Game Notes
- Indiana State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Sycamores have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana State has lost 21 close games.
- The top two scorers (Dawon Cummings and Jake Odum) accounted for 42.2% of the points.
- R.J. Mahurin has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- Jake Odum has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin set a career high with 6 field goals made.