(13-10, 3-7 away)
(21) Creighton 75
(20-3, 13-1 home)
Venue: CenturyLink Center Omaha
3:05PM ET / 12:05PM PT, February 02, 2013
||D Simms-Edwards 18
||D Simms-Edwards 5
||W Lemon Jr. 4
||D McDermott 25
||D McDermott 7
||G Gibbs 6
Bradley allowed 36 points from three-point territory to No. 21 Creighton and was easily defeated by the Bluejays 75-58 in conference play on Saturday, February 2nd. Creighton was down 30-27 at the half, but then took control in the second half and won by a big margin. The Braves are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-3). Dyricus Simms-Edwards got a team-high 18 points and five rebounds in the loss. Walt Lemon Jr. had 15 points and added four rebounds. Doug McDermott got his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Bluejays, scoring a game-high 25 points (7 Reb 3 Ast) on 60% shooting in 30 minutes. Doug McDermott finished with a game-high 25 points and seven rebounds for the Bluejays. Bradley (13-10, 5-6 The Valley) takes on Evansville (13-10, 6-5 The Valley) on Tuesday, February 5th on their home court.
Bradley Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:37 left to go.
- Bradley started 13-10 during the 2008 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- BU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Braves have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, BU played 13 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-10.
- Bradley has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9% or better this season, Bradley has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Bradley has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Bradley has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- BU set season lows for free throws made and steals.
- Bradley has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Braves opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Creighton Game Notes
- Creighton won, but did not cover the spread.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Austin Chatman set career highs with 16 points, 6 field goals made, and 4 three-pointers.
- Grant Gibbs set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This marks the 47th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Gregory Echenique set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
|B+||Walt Lemon Jr.||37||15||4||4||1||1||4|