No. 21 Creighton pounded Bradley 75-58 in conference action on a day when they scored 36 points from beyond the three-point line. Creighton was down 30-27 at the half, but then played much better in the second half and ended up winning big. Doug McDermott picked up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Bluejays, scoring a game-high 25 points (7 Reb 3 Ast) on 60% shooting in 30 minutes. Doug McDermott had an impressive game for the Bluejays and put up a game-high 25 points and seven rebounds. Grant Gibbs also had a decent showing, scoring six points and adding six rebounds. Dyricus Simms-Edwards got a team-high 18 points and five rebounds for the Braves. Next up for Creighton (20-3, 9-2 The Valley) is Indiana State (14-8, 7-4 The Valley) on Wednesday, February 6th on the road.
Creighton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:37 left to go.
- The win over Bradley extended the Creighton winning streak to 3 games.
- The Bluejays have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 20 or more assists.
- Creighton has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Creighton has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- This season Creighton has won 100% of the time (12-0) when Gregory Echenique has 10 points or more, 82% of the time (14-3) when Doug McDermott plays 30 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Grant Gibbs has 6 rebounds or more.
- Creighton set a season low for free throws made.
- The Bluejays have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 16 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Bluejays came back after being down at halftime.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Austin Chatman had career highs with 16 points, 6 field goals made, and 4 three-pointers.
- Grant Gibbs had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This marks the 47th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Gregory Echenique had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Bradley Game Notes
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 3 times in 23 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has 6 straight double-digit point games.