On Saturday, February 2nd, Kent State outscored Eastern Michigan 27-6 from behind the three-point line and won big over the Eagles 77-62 in conference action. Randal Holt played well for the Golden Flashes and got a team-high 17 points (6 Ast 3 Reb), shooting 5 of 10 from three-point range. Chris Evans had 15 points and added four rebounds (5 Stl 3 Ast). Derek Thompson got a game-high 17 points and two rebounds for the Eagles. Kent State (12-9, 3-4 MAC) gets Western Michigan (14-7, 6-2 MAC) on the road on Wednesday, February 6th.
Kent State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:55 left to go.
- KSU beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Golden Flashes have beaten the spread.
- Kent State has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 45.3% or better.
- The Golden Flashes have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 9 or more three-pointers.
- Kent State has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- This season Kent State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Randal Holt has 17 points or more.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--KSU has a 2.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Randal Holt and Chris Evans) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (15).
- Randal Holt has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Bryson Pope has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Chris Evans had a career high with 5 steals.
- Randal Holt had a career high with 6 assists.
- Darren Goodson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- Eastern Michigan lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Derek Thompson and Glenn Bryant) accounted for 41.9% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (23).
- Derek Thompson has led the team in scoring 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Jamell Harris has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.