(17-4, 11-0 home)
Venue: James A. Rhodes Arena
5:00PM ET / 2:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||N Kellogg 15
||W Offutt 7
||D Cooper 6
||A Abreu 21
||Z Marshall 12
||A Abreu 9
Akron topped Ohio 86-72 in MAC action on Saturday, February 2nd. The Zips got the win with a career-high 21 points and nine assists from Alex Abreu. Zeke Marshall played his way to a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds. T.J. Hall finished with a season-high 12 points and two rebounds for the Bobcats. Akron (17-4, 8-0 MAC) welcomes Central Michigan (9-12, 2-6 MAC) on Tuesday, February 5th.
Akron Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- The last time Akron started the season 17-4 was 2006.
- The win over Ohio extended the Akron winning streak to 13 games.
- Akron beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Zips have beaten the spread.
- The Zips have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 86 or more total points.
- Akron has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Akron has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5% or better.
- Akron has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- Akron has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 100% of the time (7-0) when Zeke Marshall has 17 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Alex Abreu plays 33 minutes or more, and 89% of the time (8-1) when Nick Harney has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Zips have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- Akron has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Akron has a 18.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Alex Abreu and Zeke Marshall) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 55.0% of the rebounds.
- Alex Abreu has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell had a career high with 9 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Alex Abreu's career.
- Alex Abreu had career highs with 21 points and 7 field goals made.
- Zeke Marshall recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Zeke Marshall recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 8th of his career.
- Zeke Marshall had career highs with 8 field goals made and a 100% field goal percentage.
Ohio Game Notes
- Ohio lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Nick Kellogg and D.J Cooper) accounted for 40.2% of the points.
- Walter Offutt accounted for 31.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Nick Kellogg has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Walter Offutt has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- D.J Cooper has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Kellogg has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Reggie Keely.