Loyola (MD) 89
(16-8, 6-5 away)
(14-9, 9-2 home)
Venue: Gallagher Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||R Olson 23
||A Winbush 13
||R Williams 5
||J Green 23
||M Lemmons 8
||J Green 5
Loyola (MD) edged Niagara 89-87 in double overtime on Saturday, February 2nd. With the win, the Greyhounds even the season series against Niagara at 1-1. Anthony Winbush earned a double-double in the win with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Robert Olson had a game-high 23 points and added five rebounds. For the Purple Eagles, Juan`ya Green finished with 23 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Friday, February 8th when Loyola (MD) (16-8, 8-4 MAAC) hosts Siena (6-16, 4-7 MAAC).
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- LMDU beat the spread by 6.0 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Greyhounds have beaten the spread.
- Loyola (MD) has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Greyhounds have played in 7 overtime games with a record of 6-1.
- The Greyhounds have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Loyola (MD) has won 29 close games.
- Loyola (MD) has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- The Greyhounds have won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after recording 5 or more three-pointers.
- Loyola (MD) has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- LMDU has won 93% of the time this season (13-1) after holding an opponent to under 42.3% field goal percentage.
- LMDU has won 80% of the time this season (16-4) when opponents record 13 or fewer assists.
- This season Loyola (MD) has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Erik Etherly has 11 points or more, 79% of the time (11-3) when Dylon Cormier has 5 free throws made or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Anthony Winbush has 4 assists or more.
- The Greyhounds set season highs for free throws made and total points.
- The last time LMDU recorded at least 89 total points was Dec 21, 2008 against UC Davis.
- The Greyhounds have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Loyola (MD) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Anthony Winbush recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Robert Olson and Dylon Cormier) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Anthony Winbush accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Robert Olson has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 24 games this season.
- Anthony Winbush has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 24 games this season.
- Dylon Cormier has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Winbush recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Winbush recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Anthony Winbush had a career high with 13 rebounds.
- R.J. Williams had a career high with 11 points.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Robert Olson's career.
- Robert Olson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Robert Olson.
- Julius Brooks had career highs with 14 points and 6 field goals made.
Niagara Game Notes
- Niagara lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Purple Eagles have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Niagara has lost 26 close games.
- Devon White recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Antoine Mason and Juan`ya Green) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring 14 times in 23 games this season.
- Juan`ya Green has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.
- Juan`ya Green set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- Marvin Jordan set a career high with a 67% field goal percentage.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Ameen Tanksley.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Devon White.