Loyola (MD) 89
(16-8, 6-5 away)
(14-9, 9-2 home)
Venue: Gallagher Center
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, February 02, 2013
||R Olson 23
||A Winbush 13
||R Williams 5
||J Green 23
||M Lemmons 8
||J Green 5
On Saturday, February 2nd, Niagara took on Loyola (MD) and let one slip to the Greyhounds 89-87 in double overtime. The Purple Eagles tie the season series against Loyola (MD) at 1-1 with the loss. Juan`ya Green put up 23 points and eight rebounds in a losing effort. Antoine Mason also had a strong outing, scoring a team-high 23 points and adding three rebounds. Anthony Winbush recorded a double-double for the Greyhounds with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Niagara (14-9, 10-2 MAAC) takes on Rider (11-12, 6-5 MAAC) on Thursday, February 7th on the road.
Niagara Game Notes
- The last time NU started the season 14-9 was 1999.
- Niagara has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Purple Eagles have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 4-6.
- The Purple Eagles have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Niagara has lost 26 close games.
- Niagara has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 3 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Niagara has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 89 or more total points this season, Niagara has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 9 or more steals this season, Niagara has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Purple Eagles set season highs for blocks and rebounds.
- The last time NU recorded at least 51 rebounds was Feb 13, 2011 against Rider.
- Niagara has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--NU has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devon White recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two scorers (Antoine Mason and Juan`ya Green) accounted for 52.8% of the points.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- Juan`ya Green has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.
- Juan`ya Green had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- Marvin Jordan had a career high with a 67% field goal percentage.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Ameen Tanksley.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Devon White.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- Anthony Winbush recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Robert Olson and Dylon Cormier) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Anthony Winbush accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Robert Olson has led the team in scoring 5 times in 24 games this season.
- Anthony Winbush has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- Dylon Cormier has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Winbush recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Winbush recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Anthony Winbush set a career high with 13 rebounds.
- R.J. Williams set a career high with 11 points.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Robert Olson's career.
- Robert Olson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Robert Olson.
- Julius Brooks set career highs with 14 points and 6 field goals made.