On Saturday, February 2nd, Texas-Pan American got a slim victory over Chicago State 68-65 in conference play. The Broncs were led by Jesus Delgado, who put up 15 points plus five rebounds. Jamal Dantzler had two points and added five rebounds. For the Cougars, Nate Duhon finished with a team-high 14 points and six rebounds. Texas-Pan American (12-11, 3-1 Great West) travels to New Orleans (6-13) on Wednesday, February 6th.
Texas-Pan American Game Notes
- The last time UTPA started the season 12-11 was 2006.
- The Broncs have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Texas-Pan American has won 17 close games.
- Texas-Pan American has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.2% or better.
- The Broncs have won 83% of the time this season (10-2) after recording 68 or more total points.
- UTPA has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 33 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Texas-Pan American has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Brandon Provost has 16 points or more and 71% of the time (10-4) when Justin Leathers has 5 rebounds or more.
- Texas-Pan American has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UTPA has a 11.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Provost and Jesus Delgado) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Brandon Provost has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 23 games this season.
- Shaquille Hines has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 23 games this season.
- Brandon Provost has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jesus Delgado has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Chicago State Game Notes
- The Cougars have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Chicago State has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Nate Duhon and Matt Ross) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Quinton Pippen and Matt Ross) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Quinton Pippen has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jamere Dismukes.